The scope of the Committee is to monitor developments and exchange of information that relates to the Fund / Asset Management community and to develop standards and best practices in this field. In particular the Committee is expected to:
• Provide CIFA Members with information on the authorisation procedure of Cyprus UCITS & AIFs management companies and of the documentation required, including timelines and fees.
• Provide CIFA members with information on the electronic notification procedure of UCITS & AIFs cross-border management.
• Develop detailed guidelines that would define “best practices” for the asset/fund management industry by continuous benchmarking with the best of breed fund managers for the different types of investment funds.
• Promote a commitment to openness and transparency towards investors and catering for the investor’s interest.
• Follow closely the disclosure/reporting requirements.
• Promote proper fund governance.
• Disseminate information to members on all of the above issues.
The above list is non-exhaustive and other related issues may also be analysed and dealt with by the Committee as appropriate.
Chairman: Demetris Taxitaris, [email protected]