Cyprus – India: New opportunities lie ahead
CIFA’s “Cyprus Investment Funds Conference – India” was a great success with more than 250 participants from India registering for the event.
The conference was organized to present the key benefits and advantages of the Cyprus funds industry to professionals, businesses and organizations offering services and being involved in the investment funds sector in India. Special emphasis was given in the recent order issued by India's Ministry of Finance specifying that the Republic of Cyprus is now classified as a "Category I" country for the purposes of Regulation 5 (a) (aiv) of SEBI (Foreign Portfolio Investors) Regulations. A development signaling new opportunities and great prospects for further cooperation between the professionals from the two countries specializing in the Funds Industry.
The conference speakers were:
- Madhumita Hazarika Bhagat, High Commission of India to Cyprus
- Dr. George Theocharides, Chairman, Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC)
- George Campanellas, CEO, Invest Cyprus
- Andreas J. Yiasemides, Chairman, Cyprus Investment Funds Association; Partner, In charge of Fund Services, PwC Cyprus
- Andria Koukounis, Director, Financial Services, Funds and Capital Markets, Prountzos & Prountzos LLC | EY Law, Cyprus
- Michalis Vasiliou, Board Member, Audit and Asset Management Services, KPMG in Cyprus
- Chairwoman: Nicole Kallasides, Senior Legal Advisor, Cyprus Investment Funds Association